Charter of Bulgarian Freemasonry
Having been captivated by the powerful call for human improvement from the profoundness of world civilizations, having realized the primordial truth about the gap between the glory of the spirit and everyday existence, having been fulfilled by the realization of how torturous our efforts are to build but how easy rapid demolition can be, having been empowered by the readiness to accept as a trial any challenge facing Mankind, having acknowledged the precept to consistently work on the triumph of Beauty and Strength over brutality and prejudice which is spread all over the world, having realized the Wisdom of the strength of the bundle of sticks - the ancient origin of the Chain of Brotherhood - against the weakness of the single branch, having overcome the stumbles which naturally occur during intense growth - whilst never forgetting the wounds resulting from those falls, having endured the pain from the attacks of public distrust, while simultaneously remaining unaffected by their force, standing as a cordon around the pedestal of free spirit, whilst at the same time teaching oneself to humbly acknowledge each step taken in the Great Construction of the Universe,
BULGARIAN FREEMASONRY, TOGETHER WITH THE THREE CENTURIES-OLD MODERN FREEMASONRY; MAINTAINING ITS UNDEVIATING DEDICATION TO THE AFFIRMATION OF ITS IMMUTABLE VALUES IN LIFE, DECLARES THAT:
- The labours of each Freemason will be focused on the fundamental work necessary for the prosperity of the Republic of Bulgaria and the Bulgarian people.
- Together with its Brethren Freemasons around the Globe, it will dedicate it’s efforts to the building of a better world: a more compassionate, wiser and more beautiful one, and, should the need arise for the protection of the original human values, a stronger one.
- It will steadily work to strengthen the World Chain of Brotherhood, fervently protecting it from any danger, whilst at the same time embracing it as a symbol of the unity created by the Great Architect of the Universe - the ideological Masonic symbol of perfection.
- It will safeguard the sustainable cultivation of the moral and virtuous perfection of its members with which, together with all corresponding qualities, they should stand as undisputed examples to society,
- It will make unceasing efforts to ensure that the everyday problems of profane life will remain unable to displace the philosophical and the intellectual aspirations of the Brethren Freemasons,
- It will strictly follow the Basic Masonic Principles of Regularity in the Orient of Bulgaria and will defend its traditional identity, whilst never allowing itself to appear old-fashioned and out of touch with the modern world.
- It will strictly observe the requirements of Masonic work, confined to the three Symbolic Degrees: Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft and Master Mason.
- In every action it will apply the landmarks of its ancient principles: Brotherly Love and the Constant search for the Truth and Charity.
- It will endeavour to construct its micro-society as a mirror to all social spheres in Bulgaria, reflecting the multi-coloured variety of the perspectives of the contemporary world, which are no longer associated with a single monolithic idea.
- It will cultivate among its members an abiding eagerness for mutual respect, tolerance and benevolence, giving absolute priority to the philosophy of evolution rather than the fury of revolution.
- It will demonstrate, through the personal insight of its members, an unwavering firmness against any promulgation of doctrines that promote segregation, and will defend with all legitimate means that kind of life which is filled with the spirit of Brotherhood, blind to natural human differences, affirming that there is no man who is a-priori superior or inferior to another, but rather embracing the great ethnic and cultural diversity, inherent in the diverse stages of the development of human Society.
- It will labour to strengthen the relationship between Society and the Order, whilst at the same time never allowing this relationship to be exploited for personal or group interests, nor for the manipulation of official opinion on both political and religious issues.
Therefore, as a result of all stated above: IT WILL BE A SOCIETY OF FREE MEN, COMMITED IN FRATERNITY, WITH THE MISSION TO PROMOTE FREEMASONRY THROUGHOUT THE WORLD.